Due to the anticipated retirement of our Technical Manager, we are looking for a
Technical Manager South East Asia (m/f/d) 100%
At the beginning, a longer transition period with close training by the current Technical Manager is planned before you fully take over the role. The position will be based in Singapore.
Step into the future - together with us!
The Bertschi Group is the market leader in logistics by rail, ship and road for the chemical industry.
Headquartered in Switzerland, we are present with 3,200 Bertschi employees in 38 countries worldwide.
Every day, we develop innovative, customized and sustainable logistics solutions for our global customers.
Role and responsibilities:
- 1) M&R
- Check, review, approve repair estimate, in respect of applicable regulations and standards
- Ensure periodical testing of the fleet standing in the region in due time
- Handle fleet modifications
- Control and optimize costs
- File the M&R interventions performed in the region into the shared archive
- 2) Depot management
- Assess new depots and organize periodical audits, according to Bertschi SHEQ processes
- Implement Bertschi SLA and, based on it, control depots’ KPIs
- Negotiate rates and packages
- Provide the needed trainings and advises to the depots
- 3) Connection and alignment with Bertschi HQ
- Report to Global technical managers (functionally) and exchange info with the other Bertschi Global subsidiaries
- Ensure the Bertschi Global standard in the region
- Join periodical calls with the Global technical team and participate to periodical trainings
- 4) Regional technical advisor
- Organize training for the Bertschi local staff
- Provide technical support and advises to colleagues and customers
- Contribute to offers and tenders’ preparation
- 5) Damage claims
- Manage full claim process and follow up, when claimed parts is a depot
- Supply documental support for other claims
- Fluent English spoken and written required
- Previous experience in M&R department (tank operator) and/or experience in a tankcontainer workshop, required
- Experience in multimodal/deepsea claim management, as preference
- Experience as tankcontainer surveyor, as preference
- Openminded, team-work and problem-solving oriented
- Flexible, able to manage inputs from various tasks
- Loving a multicultural working environment
- Available for business travels
- Work in a dynamic industry and a growing company
- Positive working climate in an international environment
- Intense training on the job
- Being part of a global team of technical experts
Are you interested in this exciting position? Apply using the online form on the side and note that we need the complete application dossier (letter of motivation, CV with photo, references, certificates) in order to examine your documents completely.